Updated January 2016.
Here’s all you need to know about Fry’s Fuel Points!
I learned something new, as I was reading the fine print, so read on!
Most of you are probably pros with the Fry’s fuel points, but did you know the last two bullet points? It’s also explained in last paragraph. I bet many of you didn’t. It’s tricky and could cost you, if you don’t!
You can use your fuel points at Fry’s, Shell, or Circle K as stations. Here’s a link to their full program details, but I’ll summarize them below.
- 1 point for every dollar you spend
(more points than out of pocket cost with coupons, not sure of formula)
- 50 points for every non-federally funded prescription filled
- double points on qualifying gift card purchases
(excludes Fry’s, Mastercard, etc.)
- each month total resets
- no limit on how many points earned
- occasional promotions to earn bonus points\
- NEW (July 2015) Switch to Liberty Mutual and get points! Read more here.
- use VIP card at Fry’s, Shell, or Circle K (or key in alternate #)
(Fry’s has scanners for small keychain cards, others don’t)
- 10¢ per gallon discount for every 100 points you accumulate
- maximum redemption is 1,000 pts. ($1 off per gallon) at a time
- use during current month earned or following month only
- discount for up to 35 gallons of gas per redemption
- automatically get highest discount at Shell or Circle K
(can’t change, even if want to use lower discount from previous month that expires sooner)
- can choose point amount to redeem at Fry’s stations
(choose amount less than or equal to oldest points and they will be redeemed before new ones)
The last two bullet points can be important. BE CAREFUL and make sure you understand it! If you have 20¢ off from January and 30¢ off from February, you will automatically get the 30¢ off at Shell or Circle K if you redeem in February. The 20¢ discount will still be there, but may expire before you use them. Don’t assume that because you saved 30¢ per gallon that you used up your oldest points, that are about to expire. You didn’t! The only way to redeem those before the most recently earned points is by going to a Fry’s station and manually changing the amount. If you make it less than or equal to what you earned the first month, it will automatically take those first.
If I’m confusing you, you can read their fine print and examples. I think I just confused myself, but I’m not sure they will make it any clearer. :)
Update: The giveaway has ended, but all the fuel rewards information is still accurate and good information, so read on! Congrats to Michelle A! Thanks to everyone who entered!