I just checked on the Costco deal and it’s still going. It looks like they’ve extended it through 12/14 at about 7am. Here’s the deal . . .
Costco membership deals are rare — not sure if I’ve even seen one. But, we have one!
You can get a Costco membership for $55 (reg. price, I believe). But, they are throwing in some freebies!
- rotisserie chicken
- 48-pack of batteries
- case of Kirkland Signature water
- additional savings (coupons, I’m assuming)
- all coupons expire 1/31/14
- voucher for membership doesn’t expire!
It says the deal goes through 12/13/14 at about 7:30am AZ time, but it might sell out before then. It looks like they’ve extended it through 12/14 at about 7am and it’s not sold out!
Note: You also have the option to upgrade you regular membership to an Executive one, for the same price, with the same freebies.
Current members: I don’t know if you can wait for your membership to expire and then use the voucher (that doesn’t expire) to purchase a new one. I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be considered a renewal, but you should call your local Costco to verify that, if you decide to do it this way. I can’t guarantee it and don’t want to waste your money!! That’s my plan, though.
The Costco deal is through Zulily (a daily deal site for moms & kids). I think you will need to enter your email to view or purchase the offer, but I’m not positive.
NOTE: If you use Ebates (sign up, if you don’t!) you can start there, search “Zulily” and you’ll get 1% cash back, into your account. They payout when you reach $5, but it adds up quickly if you do online shopping!
Here’s the fine print, to make sure you’re getting what you think you are:
- Limit four membership activation certificates per zulily customer
- Coupons and three free items expire January 31, 2014
- Costco Membership Activation Certificate for membership does not expire
- Costco Membership Activation Certificates are redeemable at a Costco warehouse for membership as a Gold Star Member.
- Costco Wholesale Membership Activation Certificates are not redeemable for renewal of an existing Costco membership.
- Membership Activation Certificates are not redeemable or refundable for cash or merchandise nor are they a debit or credit card. Membership Activation Certificates must be redeemed at a Costco warehouse membership desk in the United States or Puerto Rico; they are not redeemable at Costco.com.
- Membership Activation Certificates will not be replaced if lost, destroyed or stolen. Membership Activation Certificates do not expire and there are no dormancy fees. Membership Activation Certificates cannot be used to purchase additional Membership Activation Certificates or Costco Cash Cards.
- In the event you’ll need to return the Membership Activation Certificate, please give zulily a call as well as send the coupon book back to zulily (Attn: zulily Customer Service, 2602 Elliott Ave., Suite 400D, Seattle, WA 98121). The items cannot be returned to a Costco warehouse location. Then zulily shall issue a refund to the Customer.
- By purchasing a Membership Activation Certificate, you are deemed to have received notice of and to have agreed to accept the terms and conditions of use. Costco reserves the right to change or amend the terms in whole or in part at any time.
- Membership Activation Certificates are redeemable only for a Costco Membership at a Costco membership desk. If Costco believes a Membership Activation Certificate has been obtained by fraud or theft, Costco reserves the right to not honor the Membership Activation Certificate.
- These terms and conditions will govern the use of the Membership Activation Certificate by the purchaser/recipient and all subsequent known or unknown recipients or holders of the Membership Activation Certificate.
(Thanks, Alicia’s Deals & Lily!)