Merry Christmas ~ A Personal Note from Juli

hawaii_pic_2013

I hesitated to post this (always do, with personal stuff), but here’s why it’s here . . .

• I’m a curious person — I would want to know . . .
    Who is it that “types at us” all the time?
    Who is the brilliant programmer who makes the green plus sign magic work?  (That would be my husband, not me!)  :)
    And, who are those kids she homeschools, anyway!??!
  • Some of you feel like great friends since I hear from you all the time, mostly on Facebook
    (Since I send cards to friends, why not you?)

If you didn’t think a picture was torture enough, the poem might get you.  :)

I’m a “word person” (not to be confused with weird . . . okay, maybe it applies!) and enjoy putting words together.  My sixth grade teacher said she would remember me when I was a famous author — maybe she meant a not-so-famous mother who composes tacky Christmas rhymes each year.  :)

So . . . here’s what our friends and family had to endure . . .

Merry Christmas from our family!

2013 started with heartbreaking medical news
Bile duct cancer came with very few clues

Juli’s mom had over half of her liver taken out
Then, it came back and she fought another bout

She wanted to take a big trip with her all kids
So, heading to Hawaii in October is what we did

Snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving, ATV’s, and more
Fifteen of us on a trip full of fun & memories galore!

We are all thankful to still have Mom around
Stats are not good, but we hope she’ll astound

While in Hawaii, we lost our well loved dog, Rex-y
Now, we have a playful cairn terrier named Lexi

Infusionsoft took Shawn & Juli to a Cayman resort
Reunited with the kids, we had a lot of fun to report

In April we went on a 5-night Caribbean cruise
With Mickey & friends we were able to schmooze

Then, to Port Orleans Disney resort for a bit
Every Disney World park we were sure to hit

Finally, off in a rental van to see Shawn’s dad
There was still more fun on the road to be had

After our Maryland visit, we flew back from there
A wonderful seventeen days on land, sea, and air

We had three Long Beach trips during the year
Disneyland, July 4th, and Thanksgiving cheer

Another journey to Colorado, we took with the Steeles
Headed to a rental house on our four van wheels

After a memorable time with them we parted ways
We headed to South Dakota for several more days

We saw Shiloh & Staylor, cousins so cute
Spending time with them is always a hoot

Juli turned forty in February, officially over a hill
It’s only one hill with hope for plenty more still

Shawn likes the challenges of his programming job
With other smart people he gets to hobnob

Family tagged along on San Diego work trip in May
Shawn worked and we found our own fun during the day

Luke is now thirteen, video games are his love
Basketball and other activities need a little shove

Joy & Leah take gymnastics and are quite good
Pulling & stretching — yes, breaking, I would!

Luke, Joy, & Mom all have braces right now
Not much more to say, but . .  owww!

We wish you a full year of Christmas love
One that comes from the Giver Above!

15 Responses to “Merry Christmas ~ A Personal Note from Juli”

• Jess says:

Merry Christmas! I love your poem!

• Misty says:

I love Bargain Beliver!! Thank you for all the work you do!! Your family is beautiful!’ I love your poem!! Merry Christmas!!

• sonya armer says:

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the great poem!

• Deb Shreve says:

Thank you for the picture!! Thank you even more for the gift of your blog!

• Erica Burgan says:

Merry Christmas, Juli! Thanks for all you do to make Bargain Believer the great tool it is!

• shelley says:

ThankYou for all you do!! I don’t know if you remember the name of the website Thrifty Coupon Deals with the little Chihuahua as its mascot that was mine before I became sick in 2009 and I had to give it up. So now I promote yours……….. And what a wonderful world it is!!!! And a Wonderful Website you maintain….

Thanks

Shell

I may have been to your website a time or two (if you told me or someone else did), but I don’t even remember. Honestly, I only follow a couple national sites, for some deals I would miss. I’m kind of on my own little island. I just don’t have time to follow everything out there. My life is crazy enough and I can’t be sucked into more time on the computer — if that makes any sense at all. Even if it doesn’t … well, I’m strange! :) Anyway, glad you’re here, but sorry about the health issues. I hope they’re under control now and you’re doing well! Thanks for sharing about Bargain Believer. I really appreciate it!

• Erika says:

You have a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing.

• Tristine Schmidt says:

I absolutely love your Christmas poem! I absolutely love Bargain Believer!! Thank you so much Juli!! Happy New Year!

Thanks, everyone! We had a wonderful day and another “down” day tomorrow. I’m loving it! Merry Christmas!

• Siggy says:

I liked your poem also and I really enjoyed that beautiful picture of you and your family. So glad you posted it! Thanks for all the work you put in so we can find some great bargains. Wishing you a merry Christmas and a wonderful, happy and healthy 2014!

• Guest says:

I’ve been meaning to ask for the longest time, did you use to run cookcouponwork? Or guest post on there?

No, I am not associated with CookCouponWork in any way. Susan (who does the Bashas’ & Safeway match ups) used to help over there, but that’s the only connection we have. Well, I did meet her at a blogging event once and she seemed nice. :) I was told she had health issues and isn’t doing it anymore, but I’m not sure about that.

• Kathleen C. says:

Merry Christmas to you too!

• Ruthanne says:

Oh Juli!!! You guys have had quite the year!!!! I wish you a very (belated) Merry Christmas and a rejuvenating New Year, my sweet friend!!! ((HUGS))