We get a lot of questions about the Just for U program at Safeway. We don’t blame you. It’s confusing!
I’ve posted most of this before, but wanted to get it back up there for new people to see and to remind all you “old-timers.” :)
First of all, understand that we can’t tell exactly what the coupon will be, just by looking at Safeway’s ads. :( Since the coupons aren’t online until Wednesday (and we do the coupon match ups before that), we go back in and tweak the deals slightly, if needed. (If we miss something, let us know!) For instance, it makes a difference whether it’s “save 50¢” or “$2.00” (down from $2.50) and the ad isn’t always clear.
If you use the Safeway lists we provide, we will note when you can combine a coupon with another one, etc. But, if you want to get a deal that’s not on the list or is your personalized deal, you need to know some basics.
So, here they are . . .
First of all, you will need to register your Safeway card into the Just4U program. You will get FREE eggs for doing it! (At least, I think you still do, but no promises.) If you have difficulties or need to make sure you have the proper card in your account, call them at 1-877-SAFEWAY.
There are three parts to the Just4U program . . .
- Load digital (eCoupons) (simply click to load to card, after signed in)
- Digital coupons do not double
- One time use for each digital coupon (unless noted differently)
- Some have a limit of more than one product, but you have to get all items in same transaction
- Coupons that say “save” are manufacturers’ coupons
(can not combine with another paper manufacturer’s coupon)
- Products with a price point or say “off” are store coupons (ex. $2.99 or $1 off)
(can use a paper manufacturer’s coupon with it)
- “Default” is organized by your shopping history, but you can choose other categories on the side
Items you purchased in the past are on top
- “Best deal wins!” — Load anything you might use!
If you try to use a paper coupon that’s worth more, eCoupon is not used & vice versa
Sometimes there is a “Friday Only” sale in their ad that can be extended longer, if you load the coupon.
If you go on Friday, you can get the deal without the coupon being loaded. Not anymore, only available in store on Friday. :(
- Only valid for YOU (requires click to load to card, not automatic)
- Deals are sometimes based on your previous purchasing patterns
- “On sale” for you through expiration date listed
- Can use more than one time (unless noted differently)
- Read limits and details on coupon you load
Your Club Specials
- Lists items on sale that aren’t in ad, that you have purchased in the past
Lists will vary from person to person, but the prices are good for everyone
- Prices valid at store you shop at most (listed at bottom)
Most likely, good at neighboring stores if in same geographic area
I suggest that you download the Safeway app on your phone. It’s a simple way to keep track of what you have loaded or quickly load something while you’re in the store.
Hope this helps!