#1: You can try to set your Java security setting to “medium.” More details on that here. (Thanks, Michelle!)
#2: Ryan gave us step by step instructions that might work. (Thanks, Ryan!)
To make a simple explanation Redplum recently changed to a print plug in of their own instead of Java. If you still have Java installed it will not prompt for their plug in to install.
1. Uninstall anything that says Java (Java 6/7/8 Update XX) in the Add/Remove Programs list (Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove)
2. Visit Redplum in FIREFOX (Use this link, if you need to download.)
3. Click a coupon to print (It will actually print so make it good!)
4. You should now receive a pop up for Print@HomeWeb…..
5. Click “Save File”
6. Double Click to install the program
7. Let it install
7. Your printer should produce the print!
8. When you eventually want to print from Smartsource you will need to reinstall Java (Redplum will still continue to work. Don’t worry!)
#3 Look for a red “lego-like” graphic, to the lit of your URL, in Firefox. Also, you may need to “run” the program. (Thanks, Christine!)
“I use Firefox and if I click on the brick in the URL line a window pops up and asks me if I want to “allow and remember.” I couldn’t print from RedPlum forever until I uninstalled and then reinstalled Java and then told the browser to activate the plugin automatically when I visited the site. Also, Java wants to put that nasty Ask toolbar on your computer whenever you update, so be sure to uncheck that box.”